Friday, October 16, 2009

I was one of the “chosen” ones

It has never crossed my mind to search for any job before appearing for CSCE exams so when the bank of Bhutan (BoB) vacancies appeared in the papers I never thought to apply until my friend persuaded me to try so we applied for the post of network administrator (technical).

Well we were surprised to find all 52 people short listed for the written test. I was not so happy to find all of 50 plus people just for one slot but I just went to try my luck with the written test yesterday afternoon in Motithang School. The test was really tough and I thought I didn’t do well so I didn’t really expect anything.

But I was shocked to find myself short listed among the top five candidates for the personal interview (VIVA) scheduled on Monday 19, October. Trust me my hopes end here. I believe the other three candidates are all boys and if the gender bias exist here as they say then there’s really no hopes for me because I was the only girl among the short listed candidates. Sources tell me that those boys all did 4 years course against my pathetic 3. It really scares me to compete with three brilliant guys but I am happy that I made to the top five and I don’t really mind even if I couldn’t make it.

It was a very nice experience and I am glad that I took the opportunity to do it. The rest in the hands of the almighty god and let him decide who’s best for the job. “May The Best Man Win”.

5 comments:

mithuncollege said...

The Best will win and i know who is the BEST of all over their in Bhutan and that is noon other then you. Best of luck i know that you will be the chosen one again

Yangtsevirus said...

nice to hear anyway. And wish u all the best. Congrats for top5

PaSsu said...

Don't bring gender issue here, it is far mis-understood than we know. According to a similar theory we have known a few years back, you should be the chosen one, for you are a lady among the boys... they say many offices want girls. But that's all wrong now.
If your ability shines brighter than theirs then it doesn't matter if they have 4 years course...
Hope you will write about your success soon. Wish you the best.

Jamyang Gyelpo said...

Hi Tashi,
Give your best tomorrow. I have great faith in you. You'll do miracle. I just know that. My wishes and prayers are with you. All the best.

Anonymous said...

Nicely written. I liked it. Lets hope there's no gender bias. Let's correct it to 'May the best win!' :)

Good Luck

T