Saturday, September 5, 2009

Graduate Orientation 2009

The upcoming National Graduate Orientation Programme (NGOP) has been a trauma for me for ever since I could recall. Well there are so many things to consider. For instance, how to dress up, how will be the people, whether I will be able to get the same house as my friends, what if I were separated from my friends, will I get new friends then, how will be the new friends, will we have something in common, and blah blah blah..

I heard many people saying they are so excited about the program and they are looking forward to meeting new friends (boy friends/ girl friends even). They are waiting to show case themselves. It’s a great event of course. I have heard from the seniors that apart from meeting friends and getting yourself acquainted with new people, there are also many great personalities like ministers coming to grace the occasion and let the graduates be informed of the respective ministries. It’s also an indirect preparation for the upcoming RCSC exams after the orientation.

Well I am supposed to be excited about this but I am not. I am not looking forward to the orientation whatsoever. In fact, I am anxious about the whole thing. I don’t know why but there’s some tight knot in my stomach which refuses to go away. I just can’t point out what’s my fear. I know I have no problem but why am I so anxious about this whole thing? Well I guess I have crowd phobia. I have never considered myself a coward still I don’t know why I am so restless. I guess only time can tell.

1 comment:

Nawang P Phuntsho said...

Be excited and hope for new friends(I wouldn't be surprised even if you get a boyfriend, as you say, haha). I am sure you will overcome the fear of crowds before you know it. Just take it lightly and learn as much as you can. I missed mine. Make best use of yours.

All the best.